Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Week 14: Reading A: Europa

The first thing I immediately noticed was that it spoke to you in first person point of view. I wasn't sure that I enjoyed that. It was a little weird, but calming that it talks like a conversation. I liked that the bird spoke in rhyme and was the 'fairy godmother' of the story. Cinderella stories always make me sad because they care about her looks but they get to know who they really are - I think that is fun. Honey was also a way to trap her... Not a good way.

Beauty and the Beast is also always a sad story - a story of a daughter beginning to lose her dad to try and get a gift for her. I almost can't read it because of the heartbreak.

I liked for this story that the animals could predict the fall of the kingdom - I think that was really cool - even though people made fun of him.

It seems in these stories the underdog always wins.

Bib:
Story source: Europa's Fairy Book by Joseph Jacobs and illustrated by John Batten (1916).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back up and Review!

My favorite imagine in a previous stream of our class was the one where my picture was posted. I always wanted my picture to be on there - e...